This DIY kit will allow you to build a superb doorbell for the door of your room. You will discover, by building it, gear trains and basic mechanical principles such as friction effect. You will manipulate a lot of material: nuts, screws, washer, joins, tightening rings, and even a hair elastic. Each step of the assembly is very well explained in the brochure.
You will discover that there are a lot of kinds of gears and they are very present in the objects that surround us.
How it works ?
Start by detaching the gears of wooden planks, then identifies all small parts and hardware. Once mounted, you can paint it to customize it and nail it at the door of your room (there are 4 holes on the sides for that purpose). Then, more question of getting back without ringing!
What will you learn?
- The different types of gears: gear trains, rack, pinion, circular, etc.
- the ratios to calculate the speed at which the gears are turning
- the effect of friction, the crank
What's in the kit?
You will find wooden elements: three large wooden gears, a large board and small pieces to assemble. There is also screws: nuts, screws, rings, washers, ears nuts, hair elastic and bike bell.
Each kit contains a brochure illustrated in 5 languages:
- a step-by step with very clear explanations and great illustrations
- Pedagogical content on the theme
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch.
27 cm x 18 cm x 5 cm