PRODUCT CARE BY BOBO CHOSES
Our collections are responsibly produced, and our garments require special
care and attention to ensure better conservation and durability for future
generations. For this reason, we recommend that you read the product care
recommendations carefully and thoroughly.
GENERAL CARE RECOMMENDATIONS
· Avoid over-washing garments. This consumes high amounts of water and
reduces their lifecycle. Most usual stains can be easily removed without
rubbing the surfaces or using chemicals.
· Remember that even baby slime can be quite acidic and can alter the pH
of the surface that holds it, so treat stains gently using mild, neutral soaps
to keep them safe for the little ones. If one of our garments loses color
after contact with this natural substance, try a gentle wash, the stain could
· Dressing in layers helps the body keep its natural temperature and regulate
itself, whilst helping the garments remain cleaner by avoiding direct contact
with the skin and sweat. Try it when it’s cold.
· Sort your laundry and wash white and light-coloured garments separately
from coloured ones. To avoid colour migrations, it is recommended to
match similar colours in each wash.
· Take a look at the materials before washing. Natural fabrics such as cotton
or linen tend to shrink. Garment-dyed and denim garments tend to fade
in colour with washing, so avoid washing them too often and always use a
low-temperature program. Knits may need to be reshaped and dried flat to
maintain their original shape.
· When adding garments to the washing machine, always turn them inside out,
button them up, and zip them first. This will prevent wear and tear on the
outer finish, help prevent pilling, and limit colour fading.
· To take special care of your corduroy and velvet garments, store them
inside out in your closet.
· For efficient use of resources and effective washing, do not overload the
· Try using mild, liquid soaps and detergents with a neutral pH, as they
contain fewer bleaching agents and reduce the spread of micro-plastics, in
addition to helping to balance the presence of acids and avoiding secondary
effects when they come into contact with the surface. Use detergent and
fabric softener sparingly.
· Eco-friendly liquid soaps help maintain the textiles as they do not scrape
· It is recommended to add a filter in the washing machine to avoid the
spread of micro-plastics that may exist within some fibres.
· Washing at a temperature of 30° can help considerably to be careful with
energy consumption. You will not need a higher temperature to keep our
products healthy and clean.
· Avoid letting the clothes stay wet in the washing machine for a long time, as
the retention of humidity plays an important role in the textile health and in
how chemicals react. Try to take the garments out of the washing machine
as soon as the wash cycle is finished.
· Do not dry textiles in direct sunlight. Ultraviolet rays can affect color
fastness and weaken the textile structure.
· Garments can get damaged by the use of tumble dryers. Tumble drying at
high temperatures is absolutely not recommended.
· When ironing, go for a low temperature (110°) and fold the garments inside
out. In case you need to iron at a high temperature, we recommend placing a
soft cotton layer and ironing over it.
· Fold your garments gently and store them in fresh, shady spaces using
natural repellents, if necessary, such as lavender, thyme, and mint.
· Clothes weathering is expected over time, but good quality products might
last as long as you wish. Let them be properly amended in case of any rip
appearance. Replace the trims if they break or lose.
NOTES ON GARMENT DYE
Most of our products are garment dyed, which gives this unique look
and feel to each product. Due to the dyeing process, each garment has
different tone variations that make it special. Our recommendations for
these products are:
· Wash them separately in gentle, short cycles in cold water, or gently hand
wash these items inside out in cold water and a neutral liquid detergent.
· Avoid leaving the garment wet for a long time.
· Do not rub against light surfaces.
· Avoid using a stain remover or rubbing the surface.
· Do not expose directly to sunlight.
· Iron at low temperatures of up to 110ºC and only if necessary, with a thin
layer of cotton cloth between the garment and the iron (do not place the iron
directly on the garment).
· Avoid tumble drying.
Due to their delicate nature, our recommendations are:
· Hand wash in cold water if possible.
· In washing machines, do not program more than 30º, and always in delicate
· Do not tumble dry. It is best to lay your knitwear flat to dry. Reshape
carefully if needed.
· Do not bleach.
· Iron up to 110º, using a layer of cotton fabric between the garment and the
iron to protect it.
To maintain their optimal resistance against UV rays, chlorine, and saltwater,
our recommendations are:
· Give the garment a quick rinse with cold water after every use at the beach
or pool to remove any traces of sunscreen, salt, and chlorine from the
· Avoid washing machines. Briefly hand-wash in cold water with mild soap.
Do not wash in high temperatures.
· Dry in the shade. Avoid direct sunlight.
· Avoid rough surfaces and jewelry that could snag your swimsuit.
· Do not bleach. Do not iron.
Our outerwear has a water-repellent and environmentally-friendly treatment.
Our recommendations are:
· Hand wash if possible, but avoid over-washing.
· In washing machines, program a special delicate wash up to 30º.
· Do not bleach.
· Do not iron.
· Do not tumble dry.
· Do not dry clean.